photo by ryan lemahieu

photo by ryan lemahieu

Monday, January 11, 2010

meditation cymbals

i left my workplace tonight with head in the clouds, thinking about what i need to prepare for my first viniyoga class that i'm legitimately teaching as a certified instructor (11 am tomorrow!!!). as i stepped into the street, the evening already dark at 5:30, i heard a sound that resembled the meditation chimes or cymbals that many teachers begin and end class with. OH MY OH MY I DON'T HAVE ANY MEDITATION CYMBALS, i thought to myself. where did that sound even COME FROM??? thankfully there is a beautiful asian imports store across from my place of employment, and they had one very light and high pitch sounding pair of tibetan cymbals in store. i bought them, complete.

not that i needed to buy an object in order to teach and feel like i could offer a fulfilling class ... but i am baffled by the sound that i either heard or imagined that makes me feel like this is perhaps a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment